The Advanced Hearing Therapy Practice at Aston University aims to allow graduates with an interest in audiology and related fields e.g. psychology, speech and language therapy etc, to enhance their understanding and practice of adult rehabilitation and research.
As an audiologist or healthcare scientist, studying this course will enhance your clinical practice and research skills in addition to developing your level of specialisation. This will enable you to better assimilate and process academic knowledge to provide complex rehabilitation to adults with hearing needs.
The programme is based on blended-learning to enable it to be conducted while you remain in practice and applying the knowledge you gain from lectures to complete your assignments and case records based on theory and evidence-based practice.
Your future career prospects
These and our other CPD courses offer you the opportunity to enhance your knowledge and skills in order to develop your career. In addition, our ethos is to equip you to make a real difference in your field.Rehabilitation continues to be a core part of providing audiological care. Audiology patients are predominantly service users for life and their needs are only partly addressed by technological solutions. The importance of continuing to deliver rehabilitation opportunities beyond hearing aids and to support education and social care provision of services has been recognised in the Department of Health Action Plan (April 2015).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Tinnitus Management
- Adult Rehabilitation
- Health Behaviours
- Evidence Based Practice
- Vestibular Rehabilitation
- Research Methods
- Research Proposal
- MSc research project
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine Health Sciences View 452 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- We welcome applications from candidates interested in our course who have the skills and capability to excel. All candidates are considered on an individual basis based on their qualifications, experience, references and motivation.
- Applicants typically possess a good honours degree (minimum upper 2nd class) from a recognised university.
- We will also consider applicants with relevant professional experience on a case by case basis.
- International applicants will be considered on a case by case basis. (Please note due to the delivery method, this course cannot be taken by students who require a Tier 4 visa).
- Applicants whose first language is not English will be required to provide evidence of an English language qualification. English language test requirements may be waived where students’ undergraduate degree was studied in an English speaking country.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International600 GBP/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 600 GBP per module during 36 months.
National600 GBP/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 600 GBP per module during 36 months.
£600 per 10 credits
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.