The master’s thesis will be composed in the area of specialisation. Numerous cooperation agreements with extra universal institutions allow for a wide array of topics to choose from and a close connection to the local and regional Industry.
The M.Sc. Physics from Friedrich Schiller University Jena is a challenging programme, but a fulfilling and fascinating one. There are various and excellent career perspectives in Industry and Research, such as:
- Research and development divisions in regional and interregional companies
- Research Institutes and Universities
- IT/Software development
- Energy sector
- Insurance and Banking
- Corporate Consulting
- Patent system
- The Standard Model of Particle Physics
- Gauge Theories
- Lattice Field Theory
- Computational Quantum Physics
- Symmetries in Physics
- Atomic Theory
- Physics of the Quantum Vacuum in Strong Fields
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Registration form
- Motivation letter
- University entrance qualification certificate
- Previous university degrees earned
- Detailed transcript of records
- Proof of relevant work experience
- Proof of subject-specific practical experience
- Semester contribution € 266,10
Living costs for Jena
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.