After completing this Business Mathematics programme at Friedrich Schiller University Jena, students will be able to use their skills in real-life situations and critically analyse problems according to their particular context and related academic findings.
In addition, strong students will be prepared to go on to earn a doctoral title, if they wish to do so.
- Typical employment possibilities for graduates are in the fields banking, consulting, insurances, and most recently also in energy trading.
- By the mathematical part of their education, graduates are especially predestined for tasks, where not only "local eloquence", but also the solving of hard problems is required.
- Corresponding to the special research profile of the School of Mathematics and Computer Science in Jena, focus is placed on Mathematical Optimization and Stochastics.
- These disciplines particularly lend themselves to modelling economic processes.
- The study of business mathematics enhances interdisciplinary cooperation between mathematicians and economists.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before
DisciplinesMathematics Business Administration Applied Mathematics View 40 other Masters in Mathematics in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
- Semester contribution € 256
Living costs for Jena
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.