Graduates of this Biochemistry programme from Friedrich Schiller University Jena will have acquired the field-specific academic techniques as well as the communication skills necessary to present the results of scientific research to the public.
- They may also gain international experience by spending one semester abroad.
- The master's programme qualifies students for work in academe and allows them to pursue a Ph.D. in the areas of biochemistry, biotechnology, molecular biology, molecular genetics, natural material chemistry, structural biology, and cell biology either at the FSU or at other universities in Germany and abroad.
- Graduates are also well equipped for positions in related industries, especially biotechnology, and administrative work.
- Organic Chemistry
- Molecular Sciences
- Molecular Aspects in Immunology
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Registration form
- Motivation letter
- University entrance qualification certificate
- Previous university degrees earned
- Detailed transcript of records
- Proof of relevant work experience
- Proof of subject-specific practical experience
- Proof of language proficiency
- Semester contribution € 266,10
Living costs for Jena
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.