The Medical Biotechnology course at the Edinburgh Napier University is designed to enhance your career in the medical or pharmaceutical biotechnology sectors in a variety of research, product and technology development and leadership roles.
Medical Biotechnology will equip you with broad theoretical knowledge and critical understanding of advanced principles in biotechnology.
- Laboratory-based or research management and product development work in a variety of industries ranging from multi-national companies to smaller biotechnology enterprises in the medical, pharmaceutical, nutraceutical and biochemical sectors.
- Opportunities may also exist in contract research companies and service providers to the biotechnology sector, in addition to research institutes and local government.
- Further study in a research setting: graduates will be qualified to continue to PhD studies in the bio-molecular sciences.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Immunology
- Biotechnology and Drug Discovery
- Business and Bioethics
- Cell Technology
- Current Practice in Drug Development
- Molecular Pathogenesis of Microbial Infection
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- You can apply all year round
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Human Medicine Biotechnology View 920 other Masters in Human Medicine in United Kingdom
- The entry requirements for this course is a Bachelor (Honours) Degree at a 2:2 or above. We look for applicants to have a background in bio-molecular sciences such as: biotechnology, molecular biology, immunology, virology, genetics, biochemistry, biomedical sciences, human biology, pharmacology, microbiology, forensic biology in order to be eligible for the programme.
- We may consider degree equivalent or lesser qualifications if you have sufficient relevant work experience.
International16875 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16875 GBP per year during 12 months.
National6525 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6525 GBP per year during 12 months.
- Scotland, England, Wales, Northern Ireland, and Republic of Ireland £6,525
- Overseas and EU £16,875
Living costs for Edinburgh
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.