Horticultural Sciences from Cape Peninsula University of Technology equips students with the necessary knowledge and skills to conduct research in horticulture, and to contribute to knowledge production through the understanding, application and evaluation of existing and new knowledge. The research problem, its justification, process and outcome are reported in a dissertation.
Graduates may find work in production nurseries, garden centres, landscape maintenance enterprises, parastatals and municipalities. In addition, for those students with a desire to do research, the National Botanical Institute (Kirstenbosch) and the Agricultural Research Council are important employers.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Environmental Science
- Environment and Society
- Applied Biology
- Horticultural Science
- Landscape Plant Production
- Pest Management
- Soil Fertility
- Plant Physiology
- Insects & Related Forms
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEconomics Soil Science Plant & Crop Sciences View 63 other Masters in Economics in South Africa
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- An HEQSF aligned Level 8 qualification or an equivalent in an appropriate discipline.
- A pass in the language which is the medium of instruction at the University (English or Afrikaans).
- Specific pass grades: IGCSE: A, B or C; HIGCSE: 1, 2 or 3.
- Complete and legible transcripts of academic records in respect of all degrees or other higher education qualifications, together with the final certificates, preceding qualifications leading to any post-graduate or other advanced qualification when the latter is submitted.
- Certificates in foreign languages should be submitted with sworn translations into English by an accredited translator.
- English language proficiency
International1198 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1198 EUR per year during 12 months.
National1198 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1198 EUR per year during 12 months.
Estimated fee: 20785 ZAR
Living costs for Cape Town
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.