About the Course
Our vision for the Insights and Innovation programme of the Dublin City University is to forge the next generation of world-class innovators to join the food, horticultural and beverage sectors who will use their creativity, talent and skill to drive sustainable, scalable, profitable and insight-led growth for their host companies and for their industry.
This 18-month programme combines study and work placement in a Bord Bia company. It begins with an intensive academic element, with modules taught by experienced thought-leaders in the field of sustainability and the food industry. Following this, the focus moves to experiential learning, as participants conduct placements at the headquarters of the world’s leading food companies where they work side-by-side with leading insight and innovation practitioners.
This combination of academic content and work placement enables participants to directly apply the insights gained from DCU Business School coursework to their placement company, with immediate and direct benefit to host companies.
The MSc Insights & Innovation is ideal for anyone aspiring to be an effective innovator in the agri-food industry. It directly prepares graduates for roles in innovation leadership, with both the technical and entrepreneurial skill sets required.
Many global companies are choosing to locate their innovation, R&D, and technology centres in Ireland. This programme helps such companies to build world-class talent in the area of innovation and design thinking for the food, beverage and horticulture industry.
Placements and industry projects are an integral part of the programme and provide participants an opportunity to bridge or translate the theory of innovation and strategy into practice. Students will learn from host companies, their channel customers and their consumers. You will foster new and lasting relationships with key stakeholders in the industry.
You will graduate with strong business acumen with an innovative and dynamic mix of skills that will allow you to pursue a career in the agri-food industry. Your knowledge of the food, horticulture and beverage sector environment and the ability to be able to think innovatively and strategically coupled with your exposure to new methods and technologies will ensure you are in high demand by employers.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Design Thinking
- Reflective Leadership
- Customer Insight Generation
- Innovation Strategy
- Market & Consumer Research
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A 2:1 Honours degree, or equivalent international qualification or a minimum of 3 years’ work experience ideally in the food, beverage or innovation sector
- Applicants who have achieved a 2.2 Honours degree may still obtain a place. This will depend on availability of places and on obtaining high grades in relevant modules on their undergraduate programme
- Eligibility to work and study in Ireland
- A demonstrable passion for innovation and creativity and an ambition to develop a career in insight-led innovation and commercialisation
- A clear desire to establish a lifelong career in Food, Beverage of Horticulture sectors
- Willingness to commit to a full-time 18 month programme
- International candidates who are non-native speakers of English must satisfy the University of their competency in the English language
- A minimum of 3 years’ work experience ideally in the food, beverage or innovation sector.
Bord Bia funded programme
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.