Your futur job
Biologists apply their knowledge and know-how, which are very versatile, in very different sectors: in scientific, fundamental or applied research in research institutes or private laboratories, in expertise and resource management in the private or public sector, in education, training and communication.
The knowledge to be acquired is at two levels of complexity of living organisms: "biochemistry, molecular and cellular biology" on the one hand, and "biology of organisms and ecology" on the other hand, identified by two options. The programme consists mainly of activities borrowed from the first year of the Masters (120 credits) of the same name.
The Master in Biology is offered at Université Catholique de Louvain (UCL).
- Philosophy of science
- Ethics in the Sciences and technics (sem)
- Science and Christian faith
- Science, ethics and development
- Information and critical thinking - MOOC
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesBiology Molecular Sciences View 9 other Masters in Molecular Sciences in Belgium
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- 1. an undergraduate (first-cycle) degree in the same field of study;
- 2. the same Master’s (second-cycle) degree, but with a different specialization (focus);
- 3. a long-cycle undergraduate or Master’s degree, in accordance with a decision by the academic authorities and subject to the additional requirements that they lay down;
- 4. a degree comparable to those mentioned above, awarded by a higher education institution, within or outside the French Community of Belgium, in accordance with a decision by the academic authorities and subject to the additional requirements that they lay down;
- 5. a short-cycle undergraduate degree, in accordance with a decision by the Government or the academic authorities
- 6. a degree obtained abroad and deemed equivalent to those mentioned above, in accordance with this Decree, a European directive, an international convention or other legislation, subject to the same requirements.
International4175 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4175 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA835 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 835 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Louvain-la-Neuve
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.