Building on the success of our existing Social Work course at the University of Essex and the global reputation of the University's outstanding human rights research, we’ve designed a new postgraduate approach to social work education. Our Social Work students will not only acquire the necessary skills and knowledge to practice as social workers, but they will also have the opportunity to learn about the importance of human rights in an inter-professional manner, alongside students and tutors from the University's Law Clinic. Moreover, through our work with the United Nations, governments, human rights organisations and corporations all over the world, we bring a global outlook to our teaching.
- We are first university in the UK to sign a memorandum of understanding with the United Nations High Commission for Refugees (UNHCR). This creates internship and research opportunities for our postgraduate students and is based on our long-established expertise in international humanitarian law.
- We also work with the university’s Employability and Careers Centre to help you find out about further work experience, internships, placements, and voluntary opportunities.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Social Work Theory and Methods
- Law, Policy and Ethics
- Life Span Development
- Practice Placement
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 21 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- We recommend that you apply as soon as you are able to .
DisciplinesSocial Work Public Law View 289 other Masters in Public Law in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A 2:1 or above (or international equivalent) in any discipline. Applications from students with a 2:2 or equivalent will also be considered where applicants also have significant vocationally relevant experience.
- Hold GCSE Maths and English grade C/4 or above, or equivalent at the time of application.
- Have some paid or voluntary work experience in health or social care in a relevant social care or child care/education setting.
- Successful performance at interview and sucessfully pass a English language assessment.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International19740 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19740 GBP per year during 21 months.
National9200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9200 GBP per year during 21 months.
Living costs for Colchester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.