Geoengineering from University of Florence curriculum is developed in the framework of the UNESCO Chair on Prevention and Sustainable Management of Geo-Hydrological Hazards established at the University of Firenze. The Chair mission is to promote Education, Research and Development for the prevention and management of geo-hydrological hazards, in order to support policies and actions of risk reduction.
Students at Geoengineering from University of Florence will:
- apply new technologies for the prevention and protection of man and environment from geo-hydrological hazards;
- develop an integrated approach for the assessment of geo-hydrological hazards;
- cope with problems raising from monitoring and management of the territory and the environment;
- achieve expertise for geo-hydrological risk assessment and management.
- know and develop methods and techniques for territorial survey and related data analysis at different scale of work;
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Fluvial hydraulics
- Structural mechanics & engineering
- Engineering geology
- Engineering geomorphology
- Computational methods
- Watershed hydrology
- Earthquake geotechnical engineering
- Slope stability
- Watershed management /Soil conservation
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMechanical Engineering Geology Hydrology & Water Management View 10 other Masters in Mechanical Engineering in Italy
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- To be admitted to the Master Course in Geoengineering, it is required a first cycle or a single cycle degree awarded by an Italian or a foreign University, that allows the continuation of studies to the next level.
- In addition, applying students have to retain the general educational requirements and possess an adequate personal education background, certified by a specific authorization (nulla osta) issued by the Education Committee of the School of Engineering.
- Fill-in the "Application for assessment form"
- Please note that a knowledge in English Language B2 Level is also required.
The total amount of enrolment charges and tuition fees vary from €156 to about €2650.
Living costs for Florence
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.