All the teaching modules are instructed in English and the students are required to write and discuss their final dissertation in English. The course is fully open to admission of students holding bachelor title in: Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering and Industrial Chemistry.For the students holding different titles a Commission will evaluate each case to grant the permission to enroll. Enrollment of foreign students is welcome and encouraged.
The master's degree course in Chemical Engineering for Industrial Sustainability at University of Catania aims to train engineers able to design and manage chemical technologies (in particular in the chemical, pharmaceutical, environmental, and new materials sectors) through the development of sustainable physico-chemical approaches or, if needed, by operating traditional and novel processes reducing the use and generation of hazardous substances.
The practical instruction of the students is achieved by laboratory experiences and/or industrial internships that allows the students to develop their skills in view of the wide spectrum of competences mentioned above to guarantee the graduates the ability to:
- To apply the knowledge basic disciplines to technical problems, also of scientific relevance, of high complexity and of multi-disciplinary character;
- To formalize and solve complex technical problems and to formulate innovative solutions;
- To design and manage traditional and innovative processes through the knowledge acquired in the course;
- To operate and conduct autonomously and safely plants and production sites as well as being able to communicate and relate within technical and productive organizations.
- The master programme in Chemical Engineering for Industrial Sustainability provide a comprehensive path towards high-level professional profiles needed in different industrial sectors which range from the chemical, pharmaceutical and automotive industry; energy production and management; material transformation and process industries; engineering companies designing, developing and implementing processes and plant; research centres.
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- enhance international activities communication through a more attractive web site and the creation of university of Catania profile in the most important social networks;
- increase the educational offer in English language, thanks to the activation of new courses and the creation of “course packages”, useful for incoming students in the creation of their learning agreements;
- reinforce English language courses in all degree courses in order to boost students’ linguistic competencies and let them be more competitive within the international job market;
- enlarge the number of agreements with European countries and in particular with France, United Kingdom, Germany and North European countries;
Living costs for Catania
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.