- The Biochemistry programme is offered at the University of Iceland.
- 120 ECTS credits have to be completed for the qualification, organized as a two year programme.
- The MS-thesis is 60 ECTS (1) or 90 ECTS (2). Courses or other studies are 60 ECTS or 30 ECTS.
- Research in molecular biology and biochemistry
- Animal Physiology for graduate students
- Current topics in Chemistry and Biochemistry
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesChemistry Biology Biochemistry View 3 other Masters in Biology in Iceland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A BS degree or equivalent with minimum average grade of 6.5. In addition to the BS degree there may be some preliminary course requirements before starting the actual MS programme. Before an application for MS studies is approved a supervisor from the Faculty of Chemistry has to be secured to supervise the MS project.
- All international applicants, whose native language is not English, are required to provide results of the TOEFL (79) or IELTS (6.5) tests as evidence of English proficiency.
- Applicants are asked to submit a letter of motivation, 1 pages, where they should state the reasons they want to pursue graduate work, their academic goals and a suggestion or outline for a final paper.
- Letters of recommendation (2) should be submitted. These should be from faculty members or others who are familiar with your academic work and qualified to evaluate your potential for graduate study.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
- Students at the University of Iceland do not pay tuition fees, only an annual registration fee of ISK 75,000 (530 EUR)
Living costs for Reykjavik
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.