At a Glance
The English Language and Literature programme of the University of Aberdeen provides graduate-level skills and training in a variety of areas of English literature and linguistics. The programme introduces students to specialist knowledge and scholarly approaches in the historical and critical analysis of English language and literature and is ideally suited for students who wish to solidify their skills and expertise in the subject, either in preparation for more intensive and specialist research or in preparation for other careers, including teaching.
You can take this degree as a stand-alone one-year or two-year part-time Master's degree or as a first step towards a PhD (subject to admission to a further degree programme either at Aberdeen or elsewhere). The programme provides an excellent pathway for students eager to study the subject in the context of the British university system, and students who wish to look more closely at the relationship between language and literature.
The programme offers to develop your knowledge and build a set of marketable skills to enhance your employability. English graduates find excellent opportunities across various sectors including education, research, marketing and journalism.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Approaching English Language and Literature
- English Literature and Language Dissertation
- Placing the Romantic
- Fundamentals of English Language
- Approaching Literature
- Advanced English Structure and use
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Language Studies Literature View 525 other Masters in Language Studies in United Kingdom
- A 2.1 Honours degree or the equivalent in English Literature or a relevant cognate discipline in the arts, humanities and social sciences
- English Language Requirements
- A full transcript showing all the subjects you studied and the marks you have achieved in your degree(s) (original & official English translation)
- Personal Statement
International19400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19400 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
National9200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9200 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
- RUK students fee - £9,200 per year
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.