You will also engage with concepts and approaches in contemporary heritage theory and, importantly, how theory can relate to practice. During the MA Heritage Theory and Practice degree at University of Plymouth , you will take part in ‘live’ projects with one of our heritage partners and be eligible for a heritage work placement.
- Study Heritage at Plymouth and work on ‘live’ projects with one of our heritage partners including the National Trust, Powderham Castle, The Box, The Elizabethan House.
- Explore the connections between theory and practice in contemporary issues such as equality, diversity and inclusion.
- Be part of the team of Plymouth Heritage Praxis, the University of Plymouth’s highly successful heritage engagement unit.
- Be taught by world leading academic experts and heritage professionals.
- Explore the emerging field of digital heritage, producing your own online content for our 'Digital History Project'.
- Showcase your research and professional practice skills with the option of a dissertation directly linked to the development of one our partner heritage sites or museums.
- Participate in a work placement with one of our national and regional heritage organisations.
- MA Heritage Theory and Practice is designed for a range of applicants including recent graduates and those with a professional background in heritage looking for a postgraduate qualification as part of their professional development.
Careers with this subject:
Graduates have gone on to careers with heritage organisations and museums including the National Trust and The Box.
MA Heritage is also a popular part-time choice for people already working within the heritage sector as part of their personal development plans.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
MA History Dissertation
Display and Interpretation
Remembering the Past, Talking History: Oral History & Memory Studies
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Most of our taught programmes begin in September. Applications can usually be made throughout the year, and are considered until programmes are full.
DisciplinesHistory Ancient History View 642 other Masters in History in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- An honours degree in heritage, history or a related subject, or a professional qualification recognised as being equivalent to a degree.
- Or an ordinary degree, foundation degree, higher national diploma or university diploma, accompanied by substantial experience in an appropriate field. References from previous university, employer or similar.
- We are happy to chat to prospective applicants about their qualifications and suitability for this programme – so please do get in touch.
- If you possess overseas qualifications you can check their comparability with the UK equivalent through UK NARIC, who provide an advisory service. International students: IELTS score of 6.5 overall (with a minimum of 5.5 in each element).
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15700 GBP per year during 12 months.
National8300 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8300 GBP per year during 12 months.
Part time (Home) - £450 per 10 credits.
Living costs for Plymouth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.