Modern History students at Liverpool John Moores University get involved in a wide range of activities over and above their studies to broaden their skills, knowledge and love of their subject.
The course reflects the team’s varied and wide-ranging interests, facilitating a varied range of study, often in new and innovative fields. Our modules cross national borders and historical approaches, encountering a rich array of primary source materials from newspapers and magazines, film, the ephemeral, through to statistics and propaganda.
The applied learning techniques and strong industry connections ensure our students are fully prepared for the workplace on graduation and understand how to apply their knowledge in a real world context.
- History Beyond the University
- Research Methods: Philosophies, Theories and Approaches to History
- Optional Modules
- Forging the People’s War: Film and Cinema in Britain during the Second World War
- Liverpool and Slavery
- Post-War France: Modernity and Crisis, 1944-1981
- Going Global: Activists, Movements and the Making of Modern Internationalism, 1830s-1930s
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesHistory Modern History View 625 other Masters in History in United Kingdom
- All applicants are considered on an individual basis and additional qualifications, professional qualifications and relevant experience may also be taken into account when considering applications
- Additional information
- Samples of written work and/or an interview may also be requested
International16900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16900 GBP per year during 12 months.
National7610 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7610 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Liverpool
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.