These complex connected systems can be found in areas such as smart homes, smart cities, smart industries, and so on. The Internet of Things is a new and fast expanding area in Computer Science, covering both theoretical and engineering topics.
The programme in Computer Engineering is an international oriented programme at Mid Sweden University taught entirely in English. This innovative multidisciplinary programme will provide you with advanced knowledge and skills in three essential and critical areas: Communication Networks, Data Analytics, and Security and Privacy. As a student of this Master’s programme, you will develop a solid grasp of computer systems and networks through a broad, yet in-depth, training experience in the field of Computer Science and Engineering.
After the programme
A degree from Mid Sweden University constitutes an excellent foundation for a successful international career. Our graduates are employed in many companies, both local and international ones, and they have taken on a wide variety of tasks. Their jobs include positions as hardware/software developers and application analysis/development engineers, telecommunications network engineers or research and development engineers. As their careers progress, they assume positions as design team leaders, hardware/software architects or consultants, and many have progressed to management positions in R&D departments. Others have opted for academic careers and continued their studies in order to pursue a PhD.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Computer Engineering
- TCP/IP Networking
- Computer Engineering
- Scientific Method
- Advanced Software Development
- Distributed Systems
- Network Security and Management
- 3D Visualization
- Distributed Algorithms
- Networked Embedded Systems and Real-time Applications
- Machine-to-Machine Communication
- Simulation of Communication Systems
- Final Project (Master Thesis)
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesGeneral Engineering & Technology Computer Sciences Software Engineering View 80 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in Sweden
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Degree of Bachelor (at least 180 credits), Degree of Bachelor of Science in Computer or Electrical Engineering (at least 180 credits), or equivalent, with at least 30 credits in Mathematics/Applied Mathematics, including courses in probability theory and statistics and discrete mathematics, and 60 credits in Computer Engineering including 15 credits in an object oriented programming language.
- English course 6/English course B from Swedish Upper Secondary School (Gymnasium) or the equivalent.
International11604 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11604 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
- No tuition for EEA
- NON-EU/EEA: 125 000 SEK
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.