Why study MA Professional Practice, Artistic Practitioner at Middlesex University?
Building on the success of the Professional Practice, Artistic Practitioner MA course at the Middlesex University, the first programme of its kind in the country, this unique MA combines critical reflection and individual practice at one of the UK’s top universities for creative industries practice and research.
- You’ll have the flexibility to shape your studies around work commitments so that you can pursue your ambitions with structured support from experienced academic practitioners
- Your practice is placed at the centre of your research investigation, making your study applicable within the profession and of value to colleagues, employers and other students
- You’ll be part of a vibrant international creative industries research culture, with access to influential and internationally respected work across the field
- Your professional experience will be used to claim 80 credits of your MA
- As a student you'll receive a free electronic textbook for every module and access to Middlesex's extensive online library.
- On completion of this course, you will benefit from an academic qualification (MA) that demonstrates advanced academic standing, including practice as research skills. You will have the ability to articulate the range of complex practice-based and theoretical ideas involved in your own practice as well as in terms of larger world contexts.
- You will have experience developing and carrying out practiced-based academic research. You will also have an internationally recognised qualification that that you can use to pursue teaching positions in educational and higher educational institutions.
- Many of our students are already working at a sophisticated professional level with ambitions to advance into more senior and challenging roles as practitioners, teachers or related leadership, management and development roles.
- Review of Professional Practice: Life learning, professional learner
- Advanced Practitioner Inquiry: Meaning making in action
- Independent Professional Practice Project: Cultivating questions through inquiry
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesMusic Pedagogy Theatre & Dance View 29 other Masters in Pedagogy in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- You do not need a degree or professional qualifications to be considered for this course but should have equivalent professional experience
- Applicant should be currently or recently engaged in professional level artistic practice.
International4466 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 67 GBP per credit during 18 months.
National4466 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 67 GBP per credit during 18 months.
- EU: £67 per credit
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.