The goal of the Master in Cybersecurity at the University of Catalonia is to provide graduates solid knowledge in the design, implementation and management of the security in nowadays infrastructures and communications.
This master’s degree has a high professional orientation providing fundamental skills in the cybersecurity field that include: the analysis of systems’ risks and vulnerabilities, the prevention of cyber-attacks and threats, detection and efficient response to cyber-attacks, the fulfilment of existent regulations in the area of data protection, and the design of security and privacy architectures.
- Information and communication technologies.
- Computer programming.
- Public administration.
- Security analyst.
- Security risk specialist.
- Security consultant.
- Digital forensic analyst.
- Ethical hacker.
- Security operations centre (SOC) specialist.
- Chief security officer (CSO) in technology companies.
- CSO in non-technological companies that have IT departments.
Generic competencies are the skills that graduates acquire regardless of the specific course or field of study. The generic competencies established by the UPC are capacity for innovation and entrepreneurship, sustainability and social commitment, knowledge of a foreign language (preferably English), teamwork and proper use of information resources.
- To design applications that have a high added value and are based on information and communication technologies (ICTs) applied to cybersecurity.
- To identify and select the most appropriate tools for detecting and analysing attacks and security incidents according to their nature and the setting in which they occurred.
- To identify and analyse the laws and regulations that apply in matters of cybersecurity and understand the ethical implications of cyber-defence techniques for users’ privacy and how to minimise them.
- To analyse cryptographic key encryption and management protocols according to their robustness from a mathematical perspective.
- To design, implement and operate authentication, authorisation and auditing protocols for information systems such as databases.
- To apply network traffic monitoring and analysis techniques for detecting cybersecurity attacks and investigating incidents.
- To design, develop, detect, analyse and eliminate malicious code that is able to infect and conceal itself within a current operating system.
- To identify and apply techniques for maintaining the security and privacy of distributed applications built on internet protocols.
- To carry out and present and defend before an examination committee an original, individual piece of work consisting of a cybersecurity engineering project that synthesisesthe competencies acquired on the master’s degree.
- Cybersecurity Management
- Data Protection
- Network Security
- Network Traffic Monitoring and Analysis
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- English Level B2 is required for admission to the master’s degree and must be demonstrated when you enrol.
The Academic Committee is in charge of the admission decisions of the candidates. The criteria are: Academic Information (50%), Background and professional experience (40%) and Motivation (10%).
The criteria details follow:
- Final average grade for the undergraduate degree that provides access to the master's degree.
- Ranking of the university issuing the previous degree, using the most common rankings (e.g. ARWU, QS World University, etc.).
- Academic performance on the previous degree.
- Suitability of the candidate's previous degree. Holders of bachelor's degrees in disciplines in the field of Computer Science or Telecommunications Science and Technology will be given preference.
- Experience in innovation and research projects.
- Candidate's resume and motivation letter.
International4149 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4149 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA2766 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2766 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Barcelona
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.