The Master by Research (MRes) at University of Bradford places a strong emphasis on developing laboratory-based research skills and expertise. A six-month research project offers you an opportunity to acquire skills, and to put them into practice by carrying out cutting-edge research with a real-world impact.
The programme is organised around research-engaged learning, where the classroom and lab are sites for the production and application of new knowledge. The curriculum is designed around the principle of ‘spiral learning’ where core skills, knowledge, and competencies are reinforced and developed as you study.
The approach to assessment for learning is aligned to both the spiral curriculum and the principle of research-engaged learning. It is also authentic in encompassing the disciplinary and professional skills you will need to pursue a career in the associated scientific and academic fields.
The largest destination of our graduates is enrolment in PhD studies (47%) including here at Bradford, as well as King’s College London, Cambridge, Manchester, Liverpool, Leeds, Newcastle, Portsmouth and Sheffield.
Career destination of our graduates includes the NHS, Covance, Envigo, St James Hospital Leeds, Cyprotex, Chiltern, Perrigo, Dewsbury & District Hospital, Liverpool Institute of Translational Medicine, and Public Health England.
There are six specialisms available to you:
- MRes Cancer Drug Discovery
- MRes Cancer Pharmacology
- MRes Drug Toxicology and Safety Pharmacology
- MRes Molecular and Cell Biology
- MRes Chemical Biology
- MRes Pharmaceutical Technology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation Educational Research View 758 other Masters in Education in United Kingdom
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Bradford and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- To be admitted to the programme, applicants must have an undergraduate Honours qualification (minimum 2: 1) or equivalent in a scientific discipline, usually within chemistry, biology, pharmacy, biomedicine, or related fields. Candidates with a 2:2 or equivalent degree who can show relevant experience will also be considered.
- For North American students a GPA of normally 2.5 and above (on a scale of 4.0), or an equivalent, is required.
- Entry to this programme requires a pass at A-level Chemistry OR having taken an undergraduate module in a relevant chemical subject.
- The Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE-A), for which you will need to achieve an overall score of at least 55, with at least 51 in each of the four sub-tests
- TOEFL, for which you will need to score at least 80 on the internet-based test, with sub-tests not less than Speaking 20, Listening 17, Reading 18, Writing 17
International23028 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23028 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9230 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9230 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Bradford
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.