The knowledge and experience you will gain from this Education (Learning and Teaching) course from the University of Birmingham will place you in an ideal position to inform the development of Learning and Teaching within international educational contexts and support further improvement.
It will enhance your ability to lead research and practice in areas of curriculum development, Learning and Teaching.
On the MA Education (Teaching and Learning) programme you will:
- Engage with leading academics;
- Be part of a research-informed community which harnesses cutting-edge and seminal research literature; conducting research and enquiry to review and reflect on professional practice including aspects of pedagogy, assessment, Learning and Teaching;
- Develop capacity for rigorous and critical analysis of evidence from research and evidence from practice in international educational contexts;
- Develop your own specialist areas of expertise through research, enquiry and other practice-focused assignments.
Your University of Birmingham MA Education (Learning and Teaching) qualification is evidence of your ability to succeed in a demanding academic environment. Employers target Birmingham students for their drive, diversity, communication and problem-solving skills, their team-working abilities and cultural awareness, and our graduate employment statistics have continued to climb at a rate well above national trends.With a strong focus on connecting research to practice, and using and analysing evidence, this programme also provides a firm basis for students wishing to pursue further study on a PhD programme.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Learning, Teaching and Research
- Curriculum Development and Research
- Team work and Mentoring
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEducation Adult Education Educational Psychology View 23 other Masters in Education in United Arab Emirates
- A degree (equivalent to a UK Bachelors Degree of at least 2:2 or above) or a recognised equivalent qualification and this will be a condition of any offer where the degree has not already been awarded.
- Proof of sufficient English and Mathematics from your high school leavers certificate.
- 60 postgraduate credits in a relevant area of study awarded within the last 5 years. Typically, this will be in the form of teacher certification or other postgraduate awards substantively concerned with education for example the PGCert. If you would like further guidance, please get in touch.
- Two references, of which one must be academic (e.g. previous university tutor) and one professional, that confirms your current role in an educational setting and evidences your motivation and ability to study.
International17612 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17612 GBP per year during 24 months.
National17612 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17612 GBP per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Dubai
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.