The programme will include key elements delivered by staff from the University of Birmingham in Dubai supported by senior teachers in schools. It is designed to help you plan, teach and develop your classroom skills within the primary age range.
Time within our teacher training programme will be spent developing necessary subject knowledge in English, Mathematics and Science alongside consideration of whole school issues such as Managing Behaviour.
Your University of Birmingham qualification is evidence of your ability to succeed in a demanding academic environment. Employers target Birmingham students for their drive, diversity, communication and problem-solving skills, their team-working abilities and cultural awareness, and our graduate employment statistics have continued to climb at a rate well above national trends.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- A variety of teaching styles and approaches to learning will be used in the teacher training programme.
- These include university-based lectures, small group seminars and workshops, school-based work with pupils and teachers, and work undertaken individually or with other groups of students.
- The specialist university tutors are experts in their field and will lead dedicated subject programmes. Assessment is based on coursework undertaken during the year.
- The Primary English component will form an essential part of your work on the PGCE in Primary Education course. It has been designed to develop your skills in the planning, teaching and assessment of Primary English, including speaking, listening, reading and writing.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEducation Educational Research Early Childhood Education View 900 other Masters in Education in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
To be considered by the University of Birmingham you will need to meet our general entry requirements.
All applicants must have:
- A degree (equivalent to a UK Bachelors Degree of at least 2:2 or above) or a recognised equivalent qualification and this will be a condition of any offer where the degree has not already been awarded.
- Proof of sufficient English and Mathematics from your high school leavers certificate (This should be the equivalent of a C grade at GCSE level, please allow us to help you clarify your equivalent grade).
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International12633 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12633 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
National12633 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12633 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
The tuition fee is AED 57,427, which can be paid in instalments.
Living costs for Birmingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.