The choice to become a social worker is not a decision that should be taken lightly. We want people who are committed to their future career and determined to make a difference to the lives of others.
We're looking for students with life experience. Preferably students will have worked with a variety of people either in employment or as a volunteer. This may include working with young people, for a charity or in a care home. We want to see previous success of helping people and a determination to continue.
From day one we'll be preparing you for your future. We make sure all our graduates are confident, independent and ready for work.
Throughout your time with us we'll support you on your journey to becoming a Social Worker. We'll help you to develop crucial skills, enabling you to become flexible in your thinking and stay calm even in a crisis.
Here at Bucks, we have a high employability rate for social work. We make sure all our graduates leave confident in their skills and able to impress employers. We have good relationships with local employers who are always impressed with how prepared our graduates are for the transition from University to work.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Sociology, Psychology and Social Policy
- Putting the law into Practice
- Developing Social Work Skills for Practice
- Research Methods for Social Work
- Practice Learning
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesSocial Work View 236 other Masters in Social Work in United Kingdom
- Typically students on this course will have a 2:1 degree. However you may be considered if you have a 2:2 and significant experience.
- Social work is both an academic and vocational course so it's important you show success in your previous education and have experience.
- Students must hold GCSEs in English and Maths at Grade C/4 or above, or equivalent. On the application form you must list all your qualifications.
International13000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13000 GBP per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA8950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8950 GBP per year during 24 months.
Living costs for High Wycombe
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.