The MA Global Diplomacy East Asia (Online Learning) from SOAS University of London is for those engaged in or embarking on a career in diplomatic or related fields in East Asia requiring international expertise in government, not-for-profit, corporate or academic environments.
Using a combination of interdisciplinary approaches, cutting-edge research and public discussion of diplomacy and international politics, you will deepen your knowledge and understanding of international affairs and contemporary diplomatic practice with an East Asia regional focus. You will learn to think critically, with reference to theoretical and empirical (historical and/or contemporary) content about international studies, diplomacy and the political economy in East Asia.
Research is a key component of this programme upon completion will give students the skills to:
- think critically, with reference to theoretical and empirical (historical and/or contemporary) content about international studies, diplomacy, and political economy in East Asia
- develop and practice the ability to see – and to comment on – the strengths and the weaknesses of others’ ideas and arguments.
The programme is delivered by the Centre for International Studies and Diplomacy (CISD) in association with the FCO's Diplomatic Academy, using a combination of multi-disciplinary teaching, cutting-edge research and public discussion of diplomacy and international politics in a globalised world.
This programme is available as a Masters, Postgraduate Diploma and Postgraduate Certificate level.
Students from SOAS’s Centre for International Studies and Diplomacy (CISD) develop an in-depth understanding of international affairs, contemporary diplomatic practice and policy-makers. Graduates leave with a portfolio of transferable skills such as critical analysis, problem solving, negotiation and communication, all of which are valued by employers across a number of sectors.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Art of Negotiation
- Economy, Politics and Society in East Asia
- Afghanistan: Strategic and Geopolitical Perspectives
- America and the World: US Foreign Policy
- Cultural Diplomacy
- Digital Diplomacy
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics International Relations Political Science View 73 other Masters in International Relations in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A minimum upper second class honours degree (or equivalent). We welcome applications from academically strong individuals from a wide variety of fields and backgrounds. Candidates with a lower class degree but with degree-relevant work experience may be considered.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International12000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12000 GBP per year during 24 months.
National12000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12000 GBP per year during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.