The study program imparts the most current scientific knowledge in dairy production, including economics, breeding, feed, nutrition and biochemistry, animal welfare and health, milking technology, eco-efficiency, processing and quality of dairy products, and it conveys methodological skills to teach students to work scientifically and systematically.
Students will strengthen their competences in the field of dairy science and acquire skills in analytical understanding of the entire dairy production process chain.
The Dairy Science study program is intended for students who hold a Bachelor’s degree in agriculture or in a related field and have an interest in a consecutive, multidisciplinary qualification with focus on dairy science.
The Dairy Science program from University of Kiel includes relevant topics from several disciplines of the Faculty of Agricultural and Nutritional Sciences such as plant production, animal science, human nutrition, and economics. The program did replace our attractive former certificate on dairy science, now with a new structure and fresh contents, it will encompass an international Master’s degree. Classes will be held in English and are open for students from all over the world with interest in dairy science.
- Dairy Economics: Production and Processing
- Eco-Efficiency of Dairy Systems
- Health Management in Dairy Herds
- Dairy Processing and Quality
- Dairy Cattle Breeding
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Agriculture Animal Sciences View 16 other Masters in Agriculture in Germany
- Curriculum vitae in tabular form of your educational background
- Copy of your passport – Please make a copy of the photo page of your passport (with your name and photo)
- Payment receipt for the UNI-ASSIST application fee
- School-leaving certificate entitling the holder to study at university in his/her home country, with a list of subjects and grades
- University certificates (e.g. your Bachelor's or Master's degree) including the corresponding list of subjects with individual grades
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
A semester contribution ("Semesterbeitrag") currently amount to 259 EUR must be paid each semester.
Living costs for Kiel
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.