Development Economics and International Studies from Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg (FAU) is also aimed at students intending to work at the intersection between research and practice and at those pursuing an academic career in study-related subjects. It is a two-year (four-semester) program and includes rigorous training in analytical as well as qualitative and quantitative methods. In particular, with the increasing availability of data and the importance of evidence-based policy making, students learn how to do applied empirical work, with a special emphasis on impact evaluations (both experimental methods, such as randomized field experiments, and quasi-experimental methods). As part of this training, students will become acquainted with the statistical software Stata.
Students at Development Economics and International Studies from Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg (FAU) will have:
- a strong interest in questions related to economic development and/or business ethics and sustainability,
- gained some work experience in these fields
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Political Economy of the Middle East
- Social Health Protection in South and East Asia
- Business and Society in Latin America
- Development Economics
- International Economics
- International Business Ethics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics International Relations International Development View 15 other Masters in International Development in Germany
- A letter of application in English, no more than two pages in length, in which you explain why you are qualified for admission to the degree program.
- If available: proof of qualified practical experience in the field of development economics as well as a description of the practical experience written in English by the applicant (description of tasks and responsibilities), one page in length.
- Qualified degree (Bachelors, Diploma or equivalent) in Economics or a related field. Applicants should have 70 ECTS in economics / business administration including at least basic knowledge of (a minimum of 5 ECTS each in) microeconomics, macroeconomics, and statistics/econometrics.
- Grade point average of 2.5 or better (in the German marking system) in the undergraduate program.
- TOEFL–IBT: 95 or above / CBT: 240 or above / PBT: 587 or above / ITP: 627 or above;
- IELTS: C1 / 7.0 or above; minimum of 6.0 in each section
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
FAU does not charge tuition fees. However, each semester students must pay semester fees.
Living costs for Erlangen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.