Within the Master´s programme in Mathematical Statistics from Lund University you can specialise in many different areas for different purposes. In this programme you take at least 45 ECTS credits in mathematical statistics at Master’s level, and write a Master´s thesis of 30 ECTS credits. You can choose to take the remaining (at most) 45 ECTS course credits in mathematics or numerical analysis. You can also choose to take courses in other subjects such as computer science, or, if you are aiming for a career in a specific applied field, courses in that field. Examples include courses in economics, molecular biology and bioinformatics. If you intend to proceed to a PhD you should take courses with a high degree of theory content, while if you are aiming for a career outside academia you should take courses that cover a wide range of statistical models and methods.
Career prospectsWith a Master of Science in Mathematical Statistics you have great opportunities to form an exciting career in, for example, the pharmaceutical industry, biotechnology companies or the banking and finance sector. Statistical methods are also of great importance for logistics, quality assurance and development in industry, and organisations within the public sector.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Stationary Stochastic Processes
- Markov Processes
- Mathematical Foundations of Probability
- Time Series Analysis
- Monte Carlo Methods for Stochastic Inference
- Non-Parametric Inference
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor s degree of at least 180 credits or the equivalent, including at least 90 credits in mathematics, mathematical statistics, numerical analysis, scientific calculations and computer science, of which at least 45 credits must be in mathematics that include courses in multivariate analysis and linear algebra, at least 30 credits in mathematical statistics and at least 15 credits in numerical analysis, scientific calculations and/or computer science. Proficiency in English equivalent to English 6/B from Swedish upper-secondary school.
- Based on grades awarded for previous academic courses in science, mathematics and engineering.
International13742 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 27484 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
Full programme/course tuition fee: SEK 290 000
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.