The courses are based on a comparative approach, highlighting differences and similarities across countries, administrative levels and policy areas, including a European Union perspective.
In addition to being active researchers in their own field of expertise, our teachers have undergone educational training and make use of modern teaching and assessment techniques. We also bring practitioners into our courses, and make visits to different types of agencies involved in the production of welfare services.
The Welfare Policies and Management programme from Lund University prepares you for advanced welfare management work in roles such as policy formulation and decision making at the local, regional, national, European or international level.
A degree in Welfare Policies and Management can also lead to employment in the private sector, such as non-governmental institutions or profit-making organisations. In addition, the programme prepares students for doctoral studies and a continued academic career.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Welfare Regimes in Transition – Comparative Perspectives on Policies
- Management and Reform
- Organisation, Leadership and Welfare Management
- Evaluation and Welfare Management
- An Introduction to Public Economics
- Research Methods in the Social Sciences
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSocial Work Sociology Political Science View 20 other Masters in Political Science in Sweden
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Bachelor's degree including three semesters (1 - 90 credits) in Political Science, or Social Work, or Sociology. English 6/English Course B.
- Based on grades on the course and thesis in the BA / BSc degree, a statement of purpose and an assessment of academic writing sample (the first 5 pages) from the Bachelor's thesis or equivalent independent work.
International10445 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 20891 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
Full programme/course tuition fee: SEK 220 000
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.