Atmospheric Physics, Meteorology and Climatology from Charles University follows from the bachelor's study of physics, in which students acquire necessary knowledge of basic physical principles (mechanics, thermodynamics, electricity and magnetism, optics and others) as well as of proficiency in related mathematical methods. The elements of the study program are primarily focused on acquiring theoretical knowledge in the field of atmospheric physics (hydrodynamics and atmospheric thermodynamics), thus extending previously acquired expertise in this field. Furthermore, skills necessary for practical as well as scientific activities in the field of atmospheric physics are acquired during the study, especially in the field of numerical mathematics, mathematical statistics, data processing and visualization.
Students at Atmospheric Physics, Meteorology and Climatology from Charles University will:
- have broad knowledge of physics, especially with regard to atmospheric processes, and related mathematical methods.
- be ready to engage in the tasks of basic and applied research as well as able to use their knowledge in practice.
- gain knowledge of transport, transformation and modelling of pollutants in the atmosphere as well as the climatology, including the structure and dynamics of the climate system, climate modelling, anthropogenic effects on climate, or climate changes in general.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Earth Sciences
- Atmospheric physics,
- Weather forecasting,
- Air pollution analysis and climate research (including modelling and research of higher atmospheric layers).
- Electrical, optical and acoustic phenomena in the atmosphere or the oceans
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysics Climate Studies & Meteorology Environmental Sciences View 7 other Masters in Environmental Sciences in Czech Republic
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Hold or be working towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s diploma and provide a certified copy thereof;
- Have sufficient command of the English language; this can be demonstrated by providing your results in one of the standardized English tests that we recognize
- Fill in the application form
- Submit the application form together with all the documents the faculty requires.
- Pay the application fee.
International5395 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5395 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA3237 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3237 EUR per year during 24 months.
- Students from the EU is 84 000 CZK per academic year.
- International students tuition is 140000 CZK per academic year.
Living costs for Prague
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.