We are committed to providing graduate students with an intellectually stimulating, flexible, and friendly environment in which to pursue their studies.
We also endeavour to provide adequate funding to meet students' tuition and housing costs, along with a modest living stipend.
- We make every effort to ensure that students can complete their doctoral degrees in a timely manner.
- Our department is intensely research-oriented and intellectually exciting with many research groups, centres, and labs. In a 2010 published citation analysis of Canadian Psychology Departments at University of Waterloo, we ranked number 1 in terms of total citations, citations/publication, highly cited departmental publications.
Graduate research fields
- Clinical Psychology
- Cognitive Neuroscience
- Cognitive Psychology
- Social Psychology
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Normally an Honours Bachelor's degree or its equivalent in Psychology with at least a 80% overall standing, in the last two years, or equivalent.
- Completion of the Department of Psychology Application.
- Submit results from the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) (Verbal, Quantitative, and Analytic scores).
- Note: the GRE requirement is being waived for the Fall 2021 intake.
- Three academic references.
- Proof of English language proficiency, if applicable. TOEFL 90 (writing 25, speaking 25), IELTS 7.0 (writing 6.5, speaking 6.5).
International15392 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7696 AUD per semester during 24 months.
National4508 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2254 AUD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Waterloo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.