In the Philosophy programme from University of Waterloo, we give strong support to our students on the job market, whether academic, alt-academic, or outside academia. We encourage students who want to apply philosophical thinking beyond academia. Our graduates go on to work in healthcare, government, law, corporate
- We have a lively and engaged graduate community, which has been running its own graduate conference series for over 20 years.
- We also host monthly socials where grad students and faculty get a chance to interact informally.
- Philosophy Of Quantum Theory
- Pandemic Philosophy
- Seminar In Cognitive Science
- Ethics Of Care
- Politics For A Non-ideal World
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhilosophy & Ethics View 48 other Masters in Philosophy & Ethics in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The average required for admission is 78%.
- From normal undergraduate programs in Philosophy: the normal background for MA students is that provided by the four-year Honours Bachelor of Arts (BA) at the University of Waterloo.
- Students who have completed a MA in Philosophy should apply to the Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) program. Students who have completed other advanced degrees in Philosophy or who have already completed work at another PhD program may be given advanced status in the PhD program.
- Three academic references.
- Proof of English language proficiency, if applicable. TOEFL 100 (writing 26, speaking 26), IELTS 7.5 (writing 7.0, speaking 7.0)
International15392 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7696 AUD per semester during 24 months.
National4508 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2254 AUD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Waterloo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.