The Health Professions Education from Queen's University focus is to better prepare academic health professionals to teach at the postsecondary level through further advancing knowledge of higher education pedagogy, including curriculum alignment, leadership, and scholarship. Our programmatic outcomes align with the varying health professions accreditation bodies, which often require degrees in health professions education. Our learners will acquire essential academic knowledge and skills for clinical practice and meet accreditation standards.
Students at Health Professions Education from Queen's University will:
- Enhance pedagogical and educational research skills;
- Explore curriculum design as applied to the academic, clinical, and professional setting;
- Evaluate the alignment between research questions, methods, and learning theory; and
- Demonstrate the capacity to lead change for innovations and enhancements in health education.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Health Professions Education
- Health Professions Education Curriculum and Design
- Health Professions: Teaching & Learning in Collaborative Practice
- Indigenous Health Professions Education
- Leadership in Health Professions Education
- Project in Health Professions Education (capstone experience)
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine Health Sciences View 126 other Masters in Human Medicine in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- This program is for individuals who are current practicing health professionals (dentists, nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists, physicians, pharmacists and other allied health roles) and individuals in the final stages of their training (i.e., residency) or seeking a position within an academic setting.
- Complete the online biographical questionnaire.
- Submit a Statement of Interest (no more that 2500 words).
- Submit a current Curriculum Vitae or Resume.
- Letters of Recommendation
- Application Fee
- Language Requirements
International16467 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16467 CAD per year during 24 months.
National9499 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9499 CAD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Kingston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.