This Sociology - Social And Economic Psychology programme at University of Cologne provides you with:
- a solid foundation in sociological and advanced methods of cross-sectional data analysis.
- in-depth knowledge of social and economic psychology, including advanced skills in decision-making, persuasion, consumer
- behavior and organisational psychology.
- skills for planning, conducting and evaluating psychological studies.
- general analytical skills for identifying, understanding and solving societal problems.
Skills acquired in the M.Sc. Sociology – Social and Economic Psychology programme prepare you for a broad range of international
professional careers in private enterprises, civil service or in non-governmental organisations.
The special combination of methodical skills and advanced social and economic psychological knowledge, supplemented by
further economic or social science subjects, allows you to develop a unique profile, which qualifies you to work in areas such as:
- Organizational Development
- Coaching or Consulting
- Management and HR Development
- Market and Opinion Research
- Marketing and Communication
- Trainee Programmes
- Academic Research
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Social and Economic Psychology
- Theoretical Foundations of Social and Economic Psychology
- Research Seminar Social and Economic Psychology
- Coporate Development
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- A Bachelor degree or equivalent in the respective field (worth at least 180 ECTS) credits and an overall grade point average of
- at least 2.7 (German grade). Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- At least 18 ECTS credits in the field of Social Sciences or Business Administration or Economics
- At least 12 ECTS credits in the field of Statistics or Methods in Quantitative Social Sciences, or Applied Quantitative
- Empirical Social Research
- English language skills level B2 CEFR
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
The University of Cologne does not charge any tuition fees.
Each semester, all enrolled students of the University of Cologne have to pay a social fee ("Semesterbeitrag").
Living costs for Köln
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.