The Master Degree in "Advanced Automotive Engineering" fits within a collaboration between the four major Universities in Emilia-Romagna and the main Companies involved in the design and manufacturing of automobiles and motorbikes in the premium and racing sector: Automobili Lamborghini Spa, Dallara Automobili Spa , Ducati Motor Holding Spa, FCA Group - Maserati and Alfa Romeo, Ferrari Spa, Haas F1 Team, Magneti Marelli Spa, Scuderia Toro Rosso Spa
The Advanced Automotive Engineering course at the University of Parma aims to provide knowledge and skills related to the design of motor vehicles and motorcycles, high-performance and racing.
The main features of the Master program are:
- Professors are selected by an Interuniversity Coordination Committee open to the involved Companies among academics and professionals, Italian and foreign, with recognized experience in the field, to maximize educational quality.
- Students, maximum 120 per year, are admitted to the master after a careful evaluation of their previous academic performance and motivation.
- Students are assigned, based on their ranking, and on the preferences they have expressed, to one of the six curriculum offered in the Master.
- The first semester is common for all the students, and it is offered at the Engineering Department “Enzo Ferrari” in Modena, to provide common and solid engineering basis.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The training course begins with a common semester for all students, then the course is divided into six curricula: Advanced Powertrain (in Modena), Advanced Powertrain (in Bologna), High Performance Car Design, Advanced Motorcycle Engineering, Advanced Sportscar Manufacturing, Racing Car Design.
- The lessons of the first period of the first year are held at the University of Modena and Reggio Emilia (administrative headquarters) and subsequently at the other locations. The second year of the "Racing Car Design" curriculum will take place at the University of Parma , in which the main design aspects of the chassis system and the architecture of racing vehicles will be studied, with particular attention to the use of special materials and solutions. considering also the highly experimental nature of the development activities and the attention to aerodynamic and performance aspects.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering Mechanical Engineering Automotive Engineering View 10 other Masters in Mechanical Engineering in Italy
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
To be admitted to the master one needs:
- To have a First-level Italian degree, as defined either in DM 509/1999, or in DM 270/2004, or alternatively a Degree in any of the pre-existing “Ordinamenti”, or an equivalent Degree obtained abroad.
- To possess a proficiency in the English language that allows fluently reading a scientific text, and understanding and discussing topics during lectures.
- To be graduated with an overall mark not less than 95/110 (or equivalent for non-Italian candidates).
International150 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 150 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA150 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 150 EUR per year during 24 months.
€150 - €1020 (Tuition Fee proportionally calculated on the basis of the sole ISEE indicator)
Living costs for Parma
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.