What you will learn
The core courses in this Geography programme at the University of Delhi cover central and vital areas of geography, about which all students should have knowledge. These courses are classifiable as follows:
- Theoretical Base – Two courses on Modern Geographical Thought, and Environment and Ecology, builds up the theoretical and ideological foundations of geography.
- Methodological Base – Three courses on Statistical Techniques in Spatial Analysis; Remote Sensing and Geographical Information System; and Research Methods and Techniques in Geography strengthens the methodological and practical fundamentals of geography
- Systematic Approach – Three courses on Geomorphological Analysis, Contemporary Human Geography, and New Economic Geography address the contemporary issues in geography, both physical and human.
- Regional Approach – Geography of India
- Applications – Vulnerability and Disaster
- Geomorphological Analysis
- Geography of India
- Statistical Techniques in Spatial Analysis
- Climatology and Biogeography
- Cultural Geography
- Geography of Urban Environment
- Historical Geography
- Population and Development
- Urban Geography
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesGeography Geographical Information Systems (GIS) Natural Sciences View 14 other Masters in Geographical Information Systems (GIS) in India
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Delhi and/or in India, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Date of Birth Certificate
- Document Supporting 12 years of School Education
- Transcripts/ Marksheets and Degrees of academic credentials
- Valid Certificate of TOEFL/Academic IELTS/ELPC
- Proof of financial support for the duration of the Certificate/ Diploma/Under-Graduate/ Post-Graduate/ M.Phil./Ph.D. enrolment.
- Recommendation letter from the parent University
International304 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 304 USD per year during 24 months.
National304 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 304 USD per year during 24 months.
International students pay the course fee (INR 25000 to 60000) plus:
- INR 48,000 registration fee (one-time)
- INR 18,000 fee (annual)
National: INR 25000 to 60000
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.