M.Sc. programme in Mathematics, which is intended to be initiated in July, 2013, aside from exposing students to the fundamentals of domains of traditional mathematics such as algebra, topology and analysis will have many attractive novel features such as:
- emphasis on strong foundations
- versatility of available electives with interdisciplinary flavor
- emphasis on computational skills
- training in pedagogy of research with provision of two semester project.
Why IIT Gandhinagar ?
IIT Gandhinagar is a dynamic academic institution with a vision to become a leading provider of a well-rounded, world-class education. Our principles dictate that we provide an enabling environment for nurturing critical and creative minds, and propel them to greater heights of excellence in their pursuits. It is with that objective in mind, that we have structured our academic programs, our research initiatives and our partnerships with industry and other academic institutions around the world.
- Actuarial Science
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Minimum of 55% marks / 5.5 (on a 10 point scale) in B.E. /B.Tech./M.Sc. or equivalent in appropriate branches (50% marks for SC /ST).
- Candidates who have a valid GATE score (at the time of interview/written test) are eligible to apply for M.Tech. GATE is not required for application to M.Tech. on a part-time basis or for the PGDIIT programme.
- Candidates applying for the regular M.Tech. programme and who are sponsored by their employers do not require GATE score and can be considered as sponsored candidates provided (a) candidate has been in service for more than 2 years (b) employer grants 2 years of study leave and (c) employer undertakes to financially support the candidate for the entire duration of 2 years.
International4000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2000 EUR per semester during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.