This is achieved via a significant research component that is incorporated into the course structure (Independent Research Projects). In addition to the core chemistry courses students are also exposed to interdisciplinary topics via a flexible credit structure, which enables them to choose advanced electives from other disciplines.A major focus of the curriculum aims at enabling the students gain significant hands-on research experience working in well-established research facilities. Our alumni (link to alumni page) have gone on to pursue doctoral research in reputed academic institutions as well as work in the industry.
A Chemistry major focus of the curriculum aims at enabling the students gain significant hands-on research experience working in well-established research facilities. Our alumni (link to alumni page) have gone on to pursue doctoral research in reputed academic institutions as well as work in the industry.
Why IIT Gandhinagar ?
IIT Gandhinagar is a dynamic academic institution with a vision to become a leading provider of a well-rounded, world-class education. Our principles dictate that we provide an enabling environment for nurturing critical and creative minds, and propel them to greater heights of excellence in their pursuits. It is with that objective in mind, that we have structured our academic programs, our research initiatives and our partnerships with industry and other academic institutions around the world.
- Biological Sciences [Molecular and Cell Biology, Biochemistry and Chemical Biology]
- Bioengineering [Biomedical Engineering, Rehabilitation technologies, Tissue Engineering]
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Minimum of 55% marks / 5.5 (on a 10 point scale) in B.E. /B.Tech./M.Sc. or equivalent in appropriate branches (50% marks for SC /ST).
- Candidates who have a valid GATE score (at the time of interview/written test) are eligible to apply for M.Tech. GATE is not required for application to M.Tech. on a part-time basis or for the PGDIIT programme.
- Candidates applying for the regular M.Tech. programme and who are sponsored by their employers do not require GATE score and can be considered as sponsored candidates provided (a) candidate has been in service for more than 2 years (b) employer grants 2 years of study leave and (c) employer undertakes to financially support the candidate for the entire duration of 2 years.
International4000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2000 EUR per semester during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.