The Integrated Urbanism and Sustainable Design (IUSD) degree program at University of Stuttgart enables professional specialization in the field of international urban planning - an area of specialization that is becoming increasingly relevant due to the growing challenges posed by rapid urbanization processes and social and ecological upheavals worldwide.
- IUSD aims to train a new generation of experts and decision-makers to develop holistic solutions to the ecological, cultural, and social problems of urban development.
- Our students are trained to become all-rounders who know how to combine ideas from the engineering sciences with architectural, ecological, and socio-economic approaches: in terms of both sustainable design and the responsible use of the man-made environment.
- Our students come from many different professional and cultural backgrounds. They learn to work on complex, practice-based case studies in interdisciplinary teams.
- As its name suggests, the uniqueness of the program lies in the shift of the learning focus from individual subjects, such as energy efficiency or ecology, to an integrated approach with a focus on sustainable design.
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Details on the admission requirements are published on the study program's website.
- The complete information on the admission process, required knowledge of English, and the criteria for the assessment of professional suitability can be found in the admission regulations.
International3000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1500 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Stuttgart
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.