Do you want to help children make sense of the world around them and inspire scientists of the future? You can by teaching physics in secondary schools and helping students see how physics plays a crucial role in everyday life.
And, there’s never been a better time to train as talented physics teachers are in high demand.
You will begin by understanding the needs of individual learners, learning to notice, understand and implement key teaching strategies.
Your Career with a PGCE Teaching Qualification
With PGCE Secondary Education with QTS – Physics (11-16 years) course at University of Cumbria , you'll be able to apply for a position as a high school science teacher immediately after graduation.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Investigating Teaching and Learning
- Investigating Teaching and Learning Across and Beyond the School Curriculum
- Developing professional skills, knowledge and practice
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEducation Physics Secondary Education View 107 other Masters in Secondary Education in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A minimum UK 2:2 honours degree or recognised equivalent qualification in Biology, Chemistry, Physics or a related degree (e.g. Engineering), depending on your chosen specialism, is required. Your degree must contain evidence of a substantial and appropriate level of subject knowledge.
- If you don't have an undergraduate degree but do have a Masters or other higher qualification, your application will be considered by our academic tutors on a one-to-one basis.
- GCSE grade C/4 or above in English language and mathematics or recognised equivalent qualifications.
- A satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) background clearance check prior to starting the course.
- Satisfactory Occupational Health medical check prior to starting the course
- Evidence of a satisfactory level of literacy on the application form and a satisfactory personal statement.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International13250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13250 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Lancaster
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.