The course has QTS (Qualified Teacher Status) built in and students will apply for a position as a secondary school teacher during the course of their studies and teaching practice.
Your Career with a PGCE Teaching Qualification
With QTS built-in, you'll be able to apply for a position as a secondary school RE teacher immediately after graduation.
Our PGCE Secondary Education with QTS – Religious Education (11-16 years) at University of Cumbria is fully compliant with the Department for Education (DfE) requirements, so you can expect to do a minimum of 120 days in two contrasting schools giving you the essential hands-on experience you need for future employment.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Investigating Teaching and Learning
- Investigating Teaching and Learning Across and Beyond the School Curriculum
- Developing professional skills, knowledge and practice
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEducation Religious Studies & Theology Teaching View 901 other Masters in Education in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A minimum UK 2:2 honours degree or recognised equivalent qualification in a Religious Studies related subject is required. Your degree must contain evidence of a substantial and appropriate level of subject knowledge. Where relevant we will consider other qualifications or work/voluntary experience as evidence of subject knowledge. Please ensure you detail in full any supporting qualifications and/or experience in your application for the course.
- If you don't have an undergraduate degree but do have a Masters or other higher qualification, your application will be considered by our academic tutors on a one-to-one basis.
- GCSE grade C/4 or above in English language and mathematics or recognised equivalent qualifications.
- A satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) background clearance check prior to starting the course.
- Satisfactory Occupational Health medical check prior to starting the course
- IELTS 6.5 overall with a minimum of 5.5 in all four elements
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International12800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12800 GBP per year during 12 months.
EU To be confirmed
Living costs for Lancaster
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
All EU/EEA/Swiss students that start a programme in September 2021 will be eligible for an automatic Fees Discount Scholarship.The discount will be applicable to all years of their degree (3 years or 4 years). Additional information can be found on the University website.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.