- Do you want to gain expertise in mathematics? Then this is the programme for you! The master’s programme in mathematics has two different profiles: one in mathematics education, oriented towards becoming a mathematics teacher, and one pure mathematical profile. In mathematics education, issues related to the teaching of mathematics are dealt with.
- The mathematical direction provided will allow students to gain advanced technical expertise and delve deeper into mathematics. Both profiles qualify students for lectureships after completed PPU education (Practical Pedagogical Education), and both qualify for PhD studies.
- The University of Agder has a strong team of experts in mathematics and mathematics education, and in 2013 was awarded the status of National Centre of Excellence in Teaching Mathematics (Matric) from the Norwegian Agency for Quality Assurance in Education, NOKUT.
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Mathematics didactics for students with general teacher education
- Mathematics didactics for students with Bachelor's degree
- Specialisation in mathematics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
- Deadline passed, EEA/EU
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesMathematics Pedagogy Teaching
To be eligible for admission:
Make sure to check the required length of study depending on which country you come from (three to five years of higher education) and which education documents are required in the Country list. Certain documentation requirements vary according to country.
- There are no tuition fees at the University of Agder.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.