- Do you want to gain expertise in mathematics? Then this is the programme for you! The master’s programme in mathematics has two different profiles: one in mathematics education, oriented towards becoming a mathematics teacher, and one pure mathematical profile. In mathematics education, issues related to the teaching of mathematics are dealt with.
- The mathematical direction provided will allow students to gain advanced technical expertise and delve deeper into mathematics. Both profiles qualify students for lectureships after completed PPU education (Practical Pedagogical Education), and both qualify for PhD studies.
Upon completion of the Master’s programme in Mathematics at University of Agder, you will:
- have gained advanced knowledge of key issues and methods in mathematics and mathematics education;
- have gained a thorough knowledge of theories and methods of research in mathematics and/or mathematics education;
- be able to analyse academic issues based on the history of mathematics and its traditions, character and place in society.
- be able to communicate research results and methods to both specialists and non-specialists
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Mathematics didactics for students with general teacher education
- Mathematics didactics for students with Bachelor's degree
- Specialisation in mathematics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesMathematics Pedagogy Teaching
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
The general requirement is completed bachelor’s degree, cand.mag.- degree, or other degree or vocational education with a scope of minimum 3 years’ duration.
- For applicants with a 4-year: General Teacher Education Programme: 90 credits in Mathematics
- For applicants with a 4-year or 5-year Primary (grades 1-7) and Lower Secondary (grades 5-10) Teacher Education Programme: 60 credits in Mathematics and 30 credits relevant mathematical subjects where calculus and statistics are included
- For applicants with a bachelor’s degree or similar: Mathematics as a major subject of at least 80 credits
Minimum grade requirements
- A weighted, average grade of C or better is required, see Regulations concerning admission to programmes and courses at the University of Agder, § 24. The grade requirement is calculated from the academic basis in mathematics as described in subsection 1.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
- There are no tuition fees at the University of Agder.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.