A master’s degree in mechatronics will make you eligible for more interesting and challenging tasks in industry and business than with a bachelor's degree alone.The Master's Programme in Mechatronics offered by the University of Agder addresses integration of mechanical engineering, instrumentation engineering, hydraulic and electric drive and industrial IT. You learn to use your knowledge about the interactions between these disciplines working with design and manufacture of products and processes.
In business and industry, both locally, nationally and internationally, there is great demand for engineers with this kind of background. The education is partly relevant to maritime and offshore equipment design and production. The interdisciplinary expertise will let you become a Mechatronics Engineer eligible for a wide range of jobs.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Analog and Digital Electro Technologies
- Machine Elements and Hydraulics
- Mechanical Systems
- Modelling and Simulation of Mechatronic Systems
- Mathematics for Mechatronics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
This programme is open for applicants from EU/EEA only.
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- To qualify for admission students must hold a bachelor's degree in mechanical, electrical or mechatronics engineering. Applicants must have passed MA209 Mathematics 3 or equivalent (at least 5 ECTS credits).
- Please note that the Master's Programme in Mechatronics is not generally open to international applicants.
- It is recommended that applicants have a knowledge of feedback control systems equivalent to MAS107 Feedback Control Systems, and materials science equivalent to either of the courses ENE226 Instrumentation, Materials and Corrosion or MAS130 3D CAD and Materials Science.
- About 75 % of the courses will be taught in English, the rest in Norwegian. You will be required to speak and write some Norwegian during the 2-year programme.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
- There are no tuition fees at the University of Agder.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.