As we believe that the traditional academic components of a degree in these fields must adapt to the rapidly changing world, our approach to future and contemporary global affairs and international economics, for example, focuses on issues such as cultural diplomacy, interdependence, soft power, responsible investments, fair trade, human rights, sustainability and the environment, which play increasingly important roles in the contemporary interdependence global framework.
The Center for Cultural Diplomacy Studies offers therefore innovative MA & PhD programs that provide a new approach to international relations, global economics, intercultural relations, globalization, global governance, art and culture. The International Economics, Business and Cultural Diplomacy programme from ICD Academy for Cultural Diplomacy is pioneering, and unique in their content and approach and oer valuable professional development programs. The MA & PhD programs provide a platform from which students can gain hands-on experience and highlevel knowledge and relationships; equipping students with the tools to launch their career even before the completion of their studies.
3 Key Objectives of the Programs
- Knowledge in Cultural Diplomacy & Preparation for the Future Evolution of the Field - To educate students about Cultural Diplomacy within the context of the political, economic, and cultural dimensions. In addition, the CCDS aims to cultivate individual thought and reection on new issues surrounding the rapidly developing field of Cultural Diplomacy.
- Analysis of Innovative Governance Strategies - To enable students to analyze innovative governance strategies, such as soft and smart power strategies, new theories of interdependence all within the framework of the contemporary international relations discourse.
- Professional Skills, Knowledge, Experience and Relationships - To equip students with the relevant skill sets, knowledge, professional experience and professional relationships, so that they will be able to acquire a job immediately upon completion of the degree. One of the main goals of the CCDS is to enable students to acquire job opportunities and develop their careers in institutions such as the UN, EU, African Union, national governments, national parliaments, international corporations and international NGOs.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The programs provide students with expertise in at least two distinct academic fields (such as cultural diplomacy & International Business), which will give them a significantly greater number of career options against students who simply have an expertise in only one field, such as International Business only.
- The programs consist of a unique structure that provide students with the opportunity to study in the university and at the same time to gain practical experience, by having the opportunity to participate in and support the activities of an NGO (the Institute for Cultural Diplomacy (including its major international conferences).
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
Applications are being processed on a rolling base, as enrolment to the programs are possible towards Fall, Winter, Spring and Summer start, each year
DisciplinesEconomics International Relations International Business View 109 other Masters in Economics in Germany
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Individuals studying for an MA will represent a diverse range of cultural and academic backgrounds. Candidates will include recent BA graduates as well as young professionals who combine strong academic backgrounds with significant work experience.
- Individuals are required to hold a BA degree (or equivalent Degree) of a minimum of 3 years of studies, as degrees from across the world and from any field are acceptable.
- We do not consider any one element of an application exclusively. Rather, our admissions panel considers academic achievement as well as personal qualities such as strength of character, motivation and the ability and willingness to take on new academic challenges. Our aim is to attract students from a variety of backgrounds and countries that will foster a unique and diverse learning environment.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International9000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9000 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
EU/EEA9000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9000 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
12,000 Euros for 24 months regular track
Living costs for Berlin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.