By the end of the Teaching Creative Writing course at University of Cambridge you will have an enhanced knowledge of relevant existing pedagogical theory, acquired new practical skills for teaching, assessment and planning and you will have developed reflective awareness and innovation in your own teaching practice.
Aims of the programme
The programme aims to enable participants to:
- develop their skills as a teacher of creative writing and strategies for their intended teaching contexts;
- develop and or extend their knowledge of the theories and practices of the teaching of creative writing;
- develop their repertoire of teaching, course design and assessment methods appropriate to creative writing in their context;
- develop a reflexive and critical awareness of their own teaching practice and to transmit what they have learned from their own experience of being a writer into a classroom setting.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
The course is taught over three modules, each of which students must attend.
- The Philosophy and Context of Teaching Creative Writing
- Designing a Creative Writing Course
- Assessment and Feedback in a Creative Writing Course
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCreative Writing Adult Education Teaching View 15 other Masters in Adult Education in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Applicants should hold a good undergraduate degree (2.1 or overseas equivalent) and would need to be competent in the English language, with an IELTS overall band score of 7.5 (with no element lower than 7.0).
- Applicants might come from an existing teaching environment, (primary, secondary or tertiary), be practising writers or postgraduate students who wish to develop the skills to lead workshops, those looking to improve or develop a more cohesive or defined creative writing pedagogy, or professionals in other industries who would like to explore using creative writing as a development tool within their field.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International6300 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6300 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
National4200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4200 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.