The knowledge of Biology acquired during the Bachelor in Marine Biology from University of Padua will be deepened with course units on evolutionary processes; reproductive strategies; adaptation, morphological and functional plasticity; genetics; molecular biology; marine ecology and conservation; climate changes and other anthropogenic impacts on the environment; experimental design and data analysis.
Graduates reach leadership roles in public and private institutions devoted to the protection and sustainable development of the coastal and marine environment, in laboratories of marine ecotoxicology and quality control of seafood, and in aquaculture facilities.
In addition, it is possible to be employed in research institutions and to work in the field of education and outreach. After completion of the Master, students can sustain the State qualification test for being a professional biologist in Italy.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Experimental design and statistical analysis
- Marine biodiversity
- Marine ecology: patterns and processes
- Molecular methods for management and aquaculture
- Ecology and physiology of global changes
- Life cycles and adaptations of marine organisms
- Marine conservation: principles and applications
- Pharmacology, Toxicology and welfare in aquaculture
- Practical marine ecology; Seafood sustainability, production and control
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
ONLY for EU applicants or EU-equated.
DisciplinesBiology Marine Engineering Genetics View 5 other Masters in Marine Engineering in Italy
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor diploma (or equivalent)
- A minimum three-year undergraduate degree (or equivalent) with proven skills in Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, Biology
- The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English / Italian.
- You can often get a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
- You must take the original entry qualification documents with you when you finally go to the university.
- If you are admitted to the degree course, you will have to submit other documents including original and translated/legalised copies of your previous qualifications, etc. No legalised documents are required at application stage.
- B2 Level (CEFR) or equivalent
International2622 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2622 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA2622 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2622 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Padua
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.