- We’ll encourage you to reflect critically on your own practice and investigate educational issues that interest you
- Our Education Studies module will provide you with a thorough grounding in education research, theory and practice
- You will have the option to choose a module which includes an experiential placement
- Our cultural programme gives you opportunities to network and learn new skills by attending workshops with performing arts companies as well as craft-focused arts workshops and even a pop-up choir!
The flexibility of this Special Educational Needs programme at The University of Exeter means it is ideal for students from a range of subject, professional and career backgrounds including teachers, lecturers, administrators, education advisors, or other related professions. This degree also offers excellent progression – visit our EdD pages for more information about undertaking a Professional Doctorate.
- Education Studies
- SEN: Teaching and Learning
- Special Educational Needs, Inclusion, Disability: Critical Perspectives
- Preparing for Educational Research and Dissertation
- Technology and Education Futures
- Creativity in Education: Valuing, Facilitating and Assessing It
- Education Placement Module
- Debating the Big Questions in Education
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Whilst we don’t have a formal deadline for application, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
DisciplinesEducation Special Education Educational Psychology View 739 other Masters in Education in United Kingdom
- We usually require a minimum 2:1 Honours degree in a relevant subject area such as social sciences, humanities or education.
- While we normally only accept applicants who meet this criteria, if you have a high 2:2 or equivalent, are coming from a different academic background which is equivalent to degree level, or have relevant teaching experience, we would welcome your application
- Please note, that for the optional module Special Educational Needs: Teaching and Learning and, in some circumstances, research projects as part of a dissertation, students will be required to complete a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
International20500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20500 GBP per year during 12 months.
National8500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8500 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Exeter
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.