Education (English) at Nanyang Technological University offers teachers the flexibility of selecting from a range of specialisation elective courses in the teaching of English Language or the teaching of English Literature or both.
Teachers can pursue and build upon their interests in topics related to teaching grammar and writing, multimodality, world literatures, and creative writing among others. Teachers will also acquire critical inquiry and action-research skills and apply them to the investigation of a specific issue related to the teaching of English.
. Teachers complete two required specialisation courses that examine the interdisciplinary connections between English Language and English Literature education and apply sociocultural, linguistic, and literary theories to the critical reading of texts.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- English as an International Language
- Language Teacher Education and Professional Development
- Materials Design and Development
- Teaching Oral Communication: Current Theories and Approaches
- Language Assessment in the Classroom and Beyond
- Second Language Acquisition and Pedagogy
- Teaching Grammar and Writing
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Languages Early Childhood Education View 23 other Masters in Education in Singapore
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
A good Bachelor’s degree from a recognised university
A teaching qualification such as the Postgraduate Diploma in Education from the National Institute of Education, Singaporeorat least ONE year of relevant working experience in education.
International28510 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 28510 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National7044 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7044 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
- Full time: Singapore Citizen: $9,450/ Singapore Permanent Resident: $15,600/ International Student OR Nonsubsidised: $38,300 (SD)
- Part time: Singapore Citizen: $4,725/ Singapore Permanent Resident: $7,800/ International Student OR Nonsubsidised: $19,150 (SD)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.