Foundational skills such as flight dynamics, control and avionics will be complemented with disruptive technologies such as autonomous navigation and bio-inspiration.
This Aerial Robotics programme at University of Bristol will expose you to a wide range of advanced engineering and computer science concepts and offers the opportunity to apply these to an aerial robotics project. Flight testing may be carried out at one of our world-class facilities including an indoor flight arena at the Bristol Robotics Laboratory or the outdoor flying site at Fenswood, Long Ashton.
The Aerial Robotics programme covers the core technologies and underlying theory that is needed to support the rapidly growing commercial market in drones and small urban air mobility. Career opportunities include a diverse range of opportunities, including SME and large industrial manufacturers, research institutions, operators, regulatory bodies and the transport sector.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The programme comprises a number of core and optional units. During your second term, you will start working on a substantial piece of research work that will make up one third of your overall MSc.
- This will be working in partnership with one of our aerospace industry partners or aligned with one of our existing aerial robotics research projects.
- There are a wide range of different themes from which projects may be chosen, from advanced control through to bio-inspired technologies and commercial applications.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesAerospace Engineering Robotics View 94 other Masters in Aerospace Engineering in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- An upper second-class honours degree in engineering, physics, mathematics or a related subject. Other disciplines will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Programming skills in C/C++, Java or Python are mandatory.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International26900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26900 GBP per year during 12 months.
National13300 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13300 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Bristol
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.