Painting defines its practice through the particularities of the painted field. The making materiality of the unique object, a globally acknowledged cultural history and the dedicated and dynamic relationship of the painted object to the painter. Painting in the 21st century is vital and relevant. Contemporary painting and what it can be, do and declare is meaningful. We ask how, why and according to what means. Join this course from from Arts University Bournemouth .
Contemporary painting has vitality and relevance within the 21st century, painting now and what it can be, do and declare is meaningful; we ask how, why and according to what means. Enjoying a growing resurgence in the last decade, recent exhibitions such as Painters’ Painters at the Saatchi Gallery and upcoming Radical Figures: Painting in the New Millennium at the Whitechapel gallery demonstrate a renewed interest in painting and acknowledgement of its unique and innovative position within contemporary visual practice.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The MA Painting course will explore this innovative and expansive territory in-depth, dedicating itself to specialist study at postgraduate level.
- This specialism is reflected in the course content, delivery and dedicated studio/ workshop facilities. Staffed by leading practitioners and academics, focused painting technicians and visiting experts in the field; delivering a programme built upon the cross-fertilisation of practical application with an understanding of contemporary painting discourse. Further engagement with practicing artists, art world professionals and partner institutions will enable a connected and informed master’s student. The master’s student will, through individual studio practice and a dedicated programme, come to an advanced level of understanding of both painting theory and application whilst mapping their position within this territory.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- We encourage you to apply early so that you have time to organise accommodation and to arrange for a visa (if required) before you enrol.
DisciplinesVisual Arts Art History View 148 other Masters in Art History in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Applicants to the majority of our postgraduate degrees will usually have a 2:1 or equivalent undergraduate level qualification.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International18500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 18500 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA8000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8000 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
- Home/EU fees - £4,000 per annum (part time)
- International (Non-EU): £9,250 per annum (part-time)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.