Food and water are essential to human existence. The availability of these resources is jepordized by the growing global population. Considering the current rate of increase, earth's human population will reach 9 billion by 2050 and will be faced with the declining quantity and quality of water resources available for human consumption and agriculture.
To mitigate the consequences of this upcoming water shortage, water productivity must be increased through the sustainable management of available resources. Irrigation constitutes 70% of total water use worldwide.
The primary aim of irrigation is to provide optimal production conditions for crops. Accurately replenishing the water utilized by the agricultural system can ensure its environmental sustainability. The Desert Studies - Irrigation and Plant Environment program is offered by the Ben-Gurion University of the Negev.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The influence of dripper discharge rate on the yield and quality of vegetables and fresh herbs irrigated with saline water
- The effect of irrigation water salinity on the yield and quality of pomegranate fruits and products
- Irrigation scheduling of date palm trees using heat dissipation sensors
- Deficit irrigation of olives and water stress management strategies
- Irrigation via compost-filled trenches, distinguishing between physical and chemical benefits
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesPlant & Crop Sciences Environmental Sciences View 4 other Masters in Plant & Crop Sciences in Israel
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- For most specializations in Desert Studies, applicants should hold a B.Sc. degree in either science or engineering from an accredited institution. For the Environmental Studies specialization, applicants should hold a B.Sc., a B.A., or a B.Arch. degree from an accredited institution.
- A TOEFL score of at least 85/120 or the equivalent score in an internationally recognized English proficiency exam is required. The English proficiency requirement is waived for applicants who received their Bachelor's degree in a program taught in English.
- Applicants are expected to contact by e-mail one or more potential supervisors with whom they would like to work on their thesis
International5118 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5118 USD per year during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.