The Environmental Contamination and Toxicology Master program at University of Bordeaux focuses on understanding interactions between chemical pollution, the contamination of living organisms and ecosystem disturbances. It also specializes in environmental health risk management, in relation to the use and disposal of chemicals in a scenario of global change.
Academic cooporation: Consortium of six universities
- Spain: University of the Basque Country (UPV/EHU) (coordinator institution)
- France: University of Bordeaux (UBx), University of Pau and Pays de l'Adour (UPPA)
- Norway: Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU)
- Portugal: University of Porto (UPO)
- Belgium: University of Liège (ULiège)
Graduates will be prepared for leadership roles concerning the environment and within various sectors such as research, environmental protection and management, chemical industries, non-governmental organizations and all levels of governing bodies from local to global.
Career profiles include managers, planners, policy makers, researchers or advisors who can make a difference in environmental management and the chemical industry.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Environmental data analysis
- Biogeochemistry of environmental pollutants
- Environmental and analytical chemistry
- Terrestrial and aquatic ecology and ecophysiology
- Fundamentals in toxicology and ecotoxicology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Erasmus Mundus scholarships: November - March
- Self-funded students: April - May
DisciplinesToxicology Environmental Management Environmental Sciences View 8 other Masters in Environmental Management in France
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent from an European or third country university in the fields of engineering, geosciences, oceanography, biosciences, veterinary, health sciences, chemistry, or environmental sciences
- ll courses are taught in English. Proof of proficiency in English is essential. Applicants whose native language is not English are required to pass a recognized international English test such as TOEFL (score 220 CBT, 550 PBT, 80 IBT), Cambridge Advanced English Test (score B or higher), IELTS (score 6.5 or higher), TOEIC (800) or other English equivalent test. Or an equivalent approved by the Joint Program Board of the Consortium (JPB).
International9000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA4500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4500 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Bordeaux
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.